Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:03:26 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP Dialin on 2.2. I give up. Too much time wasted

Strange,

I've used a 2.2.5 box with mgetty and userland PPP with no big problems
(all with dialin connections)
The only gotchas were :
- recompile the mgetty package with the PPP option ON
- upgrade PPP to a more recent version, as 2.2.5 was buggy and did not
allow dialin connection in my setup

Thus :
a recent 2.2.x machine (ideally the latest 2.2.8-Stable) should make do.

	TfH

PS : IIRC, I had to read carefully mgetty's docs and the PPP tutorial on
freebsd.org

Robert Chalmers wrote:

> Thats it. No way will this poxy thing accept dial-in. I'm going back to
> using the terminal server. At least that works with MINIMAL stuffing about!
>
> and it's obvious that no one else has the answers either...
>
> bob
>
> ---  http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au - Where Only The Dedicated Survive!
> 4QIR Quantum Radio. Bringing you the original sounds of AFVN, with some of
> the
> original DJ's - back on air - and supporting not only the original Vets, in
> comprehensive AFVN Archives, but putting together segments for the fighting
> men and
> women of todays services all around the world. World Music, for people of
> the world.

Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr>
(+33) 1 46 52 47 23
http://perso.cybercable.fr/herbelot