Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:59:18 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xntpd question...

I've been ripping my hair out for a couple of days about this, and none
of my handy books have a good reference to this, so...

I have a firewall system that has been running ntpdate to a known
good clock source. What I'd now like to do is change it so that the
local time is set to this clock source, but also re-serve this
time to the machines behind the firewall. In my /etc/ntp.conf
file, I started with:

server foo.bar.com prefer

This, however, didn't seem to do much to the local clock.
Additionally, every addition I made about the hosts inside did even
less.

So, does anyone have a good reference source, or a set of sample files
that I could steal to do this? Thanks.
	-Brian