Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 01:30:52 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        steve  howe <un_x@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: bugs?

> > b) i use "cu" to dial up a vt100 connection.  for a long time i
> > couldn't figure out how to set vt100 emulation up with "cu".
> > (i don't see how "tip" is any better and don't find "cu" as bad as
> > people say!).  anyway - my connection to this vt100 terminal would
> > always close because it would not detect vt100 on my end.  the only
> > way i could "trick" my set-up was to enter:
> > modem none network vt100 on

Try running cu inside "screen", screen's termcap entry is very much like
the vt100 entry. Try running screen, then before running cu, type :

export TERM=vt100 (sh or bash)

or whatever it is for your shell. Then run cu, and tell me what happens.

(Remember to exit screen when you've finished with it *grin*)

Or, try running it inside pcvt for X, and use the vt100 termcap (obviously
you'll need X running anyway).

Cya.

Adrian Chadd
<adrian@psinet.net.au>