Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2014 13:33:02 +0400
From:      "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Corbe <corbe@corbe.net>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netmap, selective processing.

On 16.07.2014 21:48, Daniel Corbe wrote:
> I hope this it the right place to ask questions about netmap.  I'm
> toying with the idea of writing a netmap-based OSPF implementation
> because bird's OSPF implementation isn't as good as its BGP
Hm. What do you need from bird OSPF implementation?
IMHO it is much easier to improve and merge bird code instead of
writing another OSPF implementation from scratch.

There are _some_ non-resolved issues with OSPF lsa withdrawal/announce,
but it will be fixed "soon".

> implementation, quagga doesn't scale well and openospfd doesn't compile
> on 10-RELEASE or CURRENT.
>
> But I'm only interested in selectively processing packets on the
> netmap-enabled interface.  Is there a way to do this?  Or alternatively
Yes, you can do this by adding another to-host inteface. AFAIK current
bridge code for netmap is a good example.
In fact, we're using netmap as forwarding appliance with bird as control
plane mechanism.