Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 23:10:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.0.5- QUOTAS and install

		Hi there folx,

	First of all: QUOTAs do work !

	Second - when some1 stucks with geometry problem
	( succesfull install,but PC can't find boot record
	thereafter, so one has to boot via floppy), there
	IS a simple cure ( RTFM :):
	use pfdisk ( or some other utility which shows real
	HD geometry ).
	Using this method I was able to reinstall 2.0.5
	on 2 computers ( Adaptec PCI 2940/SCSI HDDs - 300MB,
	1Gb , 9 Gb) and guess what ? They boots now ! :)

	-=-= STANDARD DISCLAIMER -=-=-
	I don't know now if this is universal cure - but there

	is definitely a sense to include Unix version of that
	utility into the distribution  and make it start
	during the install ?!

	For those unfamiliar (if any): take a look at the HD
	geometry before the installation via pfdisk.exe and change
	the geometry to same value during the install ( GEOMETRY
	sub-menu).

	Enjoy the ride :)

	Rashid