Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:53:33 +0200
From:      Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr>
To:        snap-users@kame.net
Cc:        Lista <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Octavio.Medina@enst-bretagne.fr, Jean-Luc.Richier@imag.fr
Subject:   Re: (KAME-snap 6887) Re: Reencapsulate IPv6-over-IPv6 "over" IPv4 doesn't work for me, but it should, right ?

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   > => try to set MAX_GIF_NEST (kernel option) to a small value

   I haven't found such option. Are you sure FreeBSD-4.5 has it ?

=> read [/usr/src]/sys/net/if_gif.c
We have to add it in the kernel config file as an option and
to ignore the warning you should get from an undeclared option.
Another way is to patch if_gif.c directly (but the #ifndef is there
in order to provide the other better way :-).

   PS: In "gif1", I don't see any problem with a prefix of /126...

=> look at the archive of this list (snap-users) for a message
by Itojun about reasonable prefix lengths for gif interfaces.

Regards

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr