Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 07:18:33 -0500
From:      Ryugen@palaver.org (Ryugen C. Fisher)
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ps:  bad namelist :addendum

Stable<br>
Both upgrades seemed to go without an problem ---<br>
however:&nbsp; on the 2nd machine I did, if I enter &quot;ps aux&quot; at
the command prompt I get a message back saying &quot;ps: bad
namelist&quot;<br>
is this a harbinger of a significant disaster?<br>
does anyone have a clue about what is broke and how to fix it? This is a
production machine (the first was a test machine to make sure that there
would be no problems on the 2nd.. another theory I need to
re-evaluate.....)<br>
In short:&nbsp; HELP?!<br>
Part Two:<br>
&nbsp;Went back to the machine in question and ran 'top' for the sake of
curiousity.. top produces the following error:<br>
top: nlist failed<br>
In short: HELP?!? still needed....</font></html>