Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:50:42 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        "'Jason L. Schwab'" <jschwab@telebot.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: stty question

	[ML]  You will have to turn off the input buffering in Perl.
You will have to set the tty to raw (otherwise it is line buffered, and
characters are sent to the application only after the enter has been
pressed), possibly noecho as well (cannot test it, raw should do, but
with this NT doorstop in front of me, I cannot verify that).

	Just remember to set the original values back after you are
done.  You can get the orig. values with stty -a

	/Marino