Date:      Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:01:16 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
Cc:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with new KDE 2.2.2 port?

Nils Holland wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:
>

>>I've had this problem, and other (possibly unrelated) problems trying to
>>compile the latest port of kde 2.2.2.
>>
>>I don't think kdemultimedia or koffice compile either.
>>
>>In addition, gcc keeps giving me "Internal Compiler errors" when
>>compiling, but if I just restart the build, everything continues fine for
>>a while. KDE2 is the only port that has this problem, and I can
>>successfully build a kernel and world too, so I'm not sure what the
>>problem is. This is on -CURRENT as of a week and a half ago.
>>

> My problems appear on -STABLE as of last Saturday. I don't seem to get any
> "Internal Compiler Errors" here on -STABLE, but nice to hear that I'm not
> the only one having problems ;-)
>
> I haven't yet tried to do anything about these problems myself, but I'll
> probably change that and actually look at it.
>
> BTW: "objprelink" has just been fixed according to a commit message I
> read. Strange - it seemed to work here this morning, at least I don't
> think that a problem with objprelink has anything to do with the problems
> we are experiencing.

I can't make a package with kdebase-2.2.2 on my AMD-900 T'Bird. On my
faster systems, topaz was historically the only one I could do a make
package of 2.2.1.

I get the following messages.

topaz# make package
===>  Building package for kdebase-2.2.2
Creating package /usr/ports/packages/All/kdebase-2.2.2.tgz
Registering depends: Mesa-3.4.2_2 kdelibs-2.2.2 fam-2.6.4
gettext-0.10.35 jpeg-6b_1 cups-base-1.1.12_2 libmng-1.0.3
libaudiofile-0.2.2 libxml2-2.4.10 lcms-1.07_1 libiconv-1.7_1
libxslt-1.0.7_1 open-motif-2.1.30_2 pcre-3.7 pkgconfig-0.8.0 png-1.2.0_1
qt-2.3.1_1 tiff-3.5.5_1 xpm-3.4k.
Creating gzip'd tar ball in '/usr/ports/packages/All/kdebase-2.2.2.tgz'
tar: can't add file share/config/kdm/Xaccess : No such file or directory
tar: can't add file share/config/kdm/Xreset : No such file or directory
tar: can't add file share/config/kdm/Xservers : No such file or directory
tar: can't add file share/config/kdm/Xsession : No such file or directory
tar: can't add file share/config/kdm/Xsetup : No such file or directory
tar: can't add file share/config/kdm/Xstartup : No such file or directory
tar: can't add file share/config/kdm/Xwilling : No such file or directory
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
*** Error code 1

Kent

--
Kent Stewart