Date:      Sun, 25 May 1997 21:02:05 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <un_x@anchorage.net>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Okay, I blew my boot blocks

On Sun, 25 May 1997, Sean Eric Fagan wrote:

> >booteasy can be gotten via ftp (./tools? - i think) for DOS.
> >you can run it and re-install it.  or you can use your BSD boot.flp,
> >and make some careful selections, and re-install a new MBR.
> >(don't CHANGE anything!  and don't SELECT anything other than a MBR!)
>
> Actually, it turns out the disk was totally hosed, as far as anything was
> concerned.
>
> For example, NT, when I went to reinstall it, decided that my 1041MByte disk
> has 2300MBytes free... :)
>
> I reformatted, and am reinstalling. *sigh*
>
> Sean.

that's too bad!  you shouldn't have had to do that!
nothing will destroy your NT (except format/fdisk)!
i'm sure if you played around you could have made
it work.  Linux has a good docs on bootstrapping,
which i think is a good read for anyone dealing
with multiple HD's/OS's ...

check them out ... (how-to's or whatever!)
 Sleep: a sign a caffeine deprivation ... http://www.anchorage.net/~un_x