Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 08:40:44 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        bts@babbleon.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: national securiity backdoor in FreeBSD.

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 01:57:37AM +0200, Paul Everlund wrote:
> "Brian T.Schellenberger" wrote:
> >

> > | PS: If a bad(?) joke makes one a freak and a crackpot I guess I was born
> > |     a freak with a crackpot, as my jokes often are quite bad. :-)
>
> > How about "asshole spammer," then?
>
> Please do not top post.
>
> And where are your nice thoughts in colour? :-) Spammers do not try to joke,
> they try to get you to buy things. There's a difference there.

No, they send you mail that you didn't solicit.

Regarding this mail, I think all possibilities have been exhausted by previous
posters:

# 1) He means it.  This qualifies as crackpot in my book.

# 2) He doesn't mean it, but wanted to tell us all about his website,
     which has nothing whatsoever to do with this mailing list.  This
     qualifies as spammer (the "asshole" prefix is open to debate on
     another mailing list somewhere).

QED.

Ceri

PS. Please move this thread to -chat.