Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 2010 01:26:22 -0800
From:      perryh@pluto.rain.com
To:        plukawski@gmail.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd install from floppy

Piotr Lukawski <plukawski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ... I really cannot understand why nobody can change
> just one parameter and put the file in a proper place in
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/8.0-RELEASE/floppies/

I seem to remember something about the floppy images being dropped
because few current (or even recent) systems have a floppy drive at
all, much less a bootable one.

I sure hope they don't start applying the same reasoning to drivers
for old-ish devices.  Some of us do not rush out and acquire
the latest/greatest whiz-giz every few months just because it's
available.