Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:36:37 +0000
From:      Peter Risdon <peter@circlesquared.com>
To:        Your Friend In Business <lidonyc@acedsl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mod_include

Your Friend In Business wrote:

>from the apache docs "To permit SSI on your server, you must have mod_include installed and enabled"
>
>i can't find this module of course my problem is i can't get ssi's working on my freebsd system please help

It's included in the standard apache port, so you probably do have
mod_include already. You don't say whether you're using apache 1.3 or 2,
but read /usr/local/etc/apache[2]/httpd.conf and scan down for the
loadable modules section. You should see lines like:

LoadModule includes_module    libexec/apache/mod_include.so
and
AddModule mod_include.c

However, you do need to configure the host to permit ssi's. This means
adding lines like:

Options +Includes
and
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

and of course calling the files index.shtml etc.

If you said which version of apache you're using, and copied your
httpd.conf to this list, it would be easier to spot the problem.

PWR.