Date:      Fri, 10 May 2013 18:14:06 +0200
From:      Yutaka Itoh <y.itoh@a2network.jp>
To:        perl@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        a2network operation <operation@a2network.net>, y.itoh@a2network.jp, Kuniyoshi AKO <ako@a2network.jp>, Yuki Yamauchi <yamauchi@a2network.jp>
Subject:   perl (5.8.9 to 5.8.14) portupgrade error

Dear sirs.

My name is Yutaka Itoh working a2network in Dusseldorf, Germany.
I need to ask you about portupgrade error on FreeBSD 8.3.
When I tried to portupgrade perl, some error happened.
(from 5.8.9 to 5.8.14.)
Here is error message.
There was no config.log.

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks, Yutaka.

Which of these apply, if any? [freebsd]

Some users have reported that Configure halts when testing for
the O_NONBLOCK symbol with a syntax error.  This is apparently a
sh error.  Rerunning Configure with ksh apparently fixes the
problem.  Try
        ksh Configure [your options]

Operating system name? [freebsd]
Operating system version? [8.3-release-p3]
Installation prefix to use? (~name ok) [/usr/local]
AFS does not seem to be running...
What installation prefix should I use for installing files? (~name ok)
[/usr/local]
Build Perl for SOCKS? [n]
Use the PerlIO abstraction layer? [y]
Getting the current patchlevel...
Build a threading Perl? [n]
Build Perl for multiplicity? [n]
Use which C compiler? [cc]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__pselect@FBSDprivate_1.0'
Uh-oh, the C compiler 'cc' doesn't seem to be working.
You seem to have a working gcc, though.
Would you like to use it? [y]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__pselect@FBSDprivate_1.0'
You need to find a working C compiler.
Either (purchase and) install the C compiler supplied by your OS vendor,
or for a free C compiler try http://gcc.gnu.org/
I cannot continue any further, aborting.
===>  Script "Configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to perl@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/lang/perl5.14/work/perl-5.14.2/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a /usr/sbin/pkg_info
-Ea).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/perl5.14.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/perl5.14.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/local/libexec/pkgtools/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade20130510-90617-1tng80e-0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=portupgrade UPGRADE_PORT=perl-5.8.9 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=5.8.9 make -DDISABLE_CONFLICTS
** Fix the problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
        ! lang/perl5.14 (perl-5.8.9)    (linker error)

Yutaka Itoh

a2network GmbH & Co.KG
Kasernenstr.15
40213 Duesseldorf