Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:08:26 -0500
From:      Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net>
To:        Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>, <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/128749: [vuxml] VBA parser vulnerability in ClamAV

> FWIW, clamav-0.94.1 does not compile under 5.X without CONFIGURE_ARGS+=
> --disable-gethostbyname_r.  When compiled this way it does not run (exits
> after initialization with no error logging).
One more patch needed:
sed -i '' -e "s/enable-gethostbyname/disable-gethostbyname/;
/^PTHREAD_LIBS/s/lthr/lpthread/" Makefile

(replace lthr with lpthread which has proven unstable in clamav anyway)

I have several legacy 5.5 systems running this way.
Note: unofficial, not supported by me, SECNAP, Freebsd, the RNC, the DNC, or
the free masons. YMMV
--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer

For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com