Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:43:42 -0600
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kern.securelevel

Something dawned on me.  FreeBSD/Open/Net are all well secured
systems.  On an Internet-facing router, would applying a higher
kern.securelevel provide any better, tighter, higher security if the
machine was broken into?  Given you need to lower the securelevel
before multiuser, it is a reasonable to think raising the securelevel
will give higher comfort feeling?

I know this is a logical/thinking/mind question, but that's what I'm asking for.

--Tim