Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:18:45 +0300
From:      =?koi8-r?Q?=E4=C1=CE=C9=D1=CC=20=E7=D5=CC=C9=C5=D7=20?= <tzota@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't make FreeBSD to see my usb mass drive

I've got FreeBSD 5.2.1. There's all nesessary options in kernel as it said in handbook (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/usb-disks.html). Friendly speaking all the possible USB options was turned on in default GENERIC configuration.

usbd is running - I can see it when I run "top".

When I plug in usb-flash there's _no_ kernel messages in console, no "GEOM: create disk da0 dp=0xc2d74850" etc.

"usbdevs" shows:

>>addr1 UHCI root hub, Intel
>>addr0 : should never happen!

In 30 seconds kernel throws the following message:

>>uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

When I run FreeBSD LiveCD (called "Frenzy", based on 4.x) I can work with that usb-flash without any problems. Thus there's no hardware problems.

I've compared /etc/rc.conf and /etc/usbd.conf at my FreeBSD and "Frenzy". No differences. I can't understand, where's the problem?