Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:55:50 +0200
From:      Alexander Litvin <archer@lucky.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel symbol `IdlePTD' not found.

Hi, everybody!

After the recent horror with FS damadge had been claimed
to be most likely gone, I decided to upgrade my CURRENT
and as a usual first-approximation test, gave it
'make -j16 buildworld'. It paniced. I was going to
send a kernel stack trace, but after 'gdb -k' I got
the following:

(kgdb) core-file /var/crash/vmcore.0
kernel symbol `IdlePTD' not found.
(kgdb)

What am I missing?

BTW, the system paniced quite unusually. It produced kernel message:

Panic: vm_object_deallocate: object deallocated too many times: 0

And after that it just stopped -- it allowed to switch consoles,
running 'make' responded to '^T', and allowed me to trigger DDB
and panic manually (it was that crash dump I attempted to load
into kgdb) :-\

---
A classic is something that everyone wants to have read
and nobody wants to read.
                -- Mark Twain, "The Disappearance of Literature"