Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:53:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ethan <telmnstr@757.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB sound device questions (multiples!)

Hello all,

 I am thinking about trying to use 4 to 6 USB "sound devices" on a single
FreeBSD system.

 Can anyone advise me if I will run into a case where on every reboot they
all get different pcmX devices? Or will they stay static?

 We currently use systems with 6 - 8 PCI cards in them, but this new site
is space limited so I'm thinking USB dongles are the way to go.

 I need to record audio from it for a public streaming audio site
(www.hrconnect.com).

 Any advice is appreciated. The concern is on reboot if the /dev tree is
built differently then the feeds will hit the wrong mountpoints.

 Also, any suggestions on the cheapest USB input device the works?