Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 19:15:13 +0500
From:      A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Heidemann Framework integration (Re: Other filesystems under FreeBSD)

>>>> "tl" == "Terry Lambert" <terry@lambert.org> said:

tl> FreeBSD is well suited to other file systems.  What I was discussing
tl> was a number of small changes to the mechanism to seperate the
tl> implementation from the instantiation.  Basically, I wanted to be
tl> able to simplify the code I needed to write to write a new FS, even
tl> more than it is already simplified over that for Linux.  This is not
tl> the same thing as the code being impossible without the changes,
tl> only "more difficult than it would be in Terry's ideal world".

Do we have any plans of integrating the Heidemann framework more completely
into the 3.0 development tree?

IMO this would be a good idea.

Koshy