Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:28:33 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: location of glx.conf?

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 12:52:28PM -0800, Steve Reid wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 07:04:44PM +0100, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:
> > I guess I'm overlooking something, but I can't find out where to put
> > the glx.conf file for hw-accelerated OpenGL. I tried /etc because
> > XF86Config is located there as well but the glx module loads without
> > reading it. Tried some other locations as well, but no success.
>
> When you run autogen.sh (which runs gnu configure) it'll say where the
> configuration file is expected. Usually /etc/X11.
>
> This has been changed around a few times as the project developed so I
> have my actual file as /etc/glx.conf, and have /etc/X11/glx.conf and
> /usr/X11R6/etc/X11/glx.conf as symlinks to glx.conf. Works for me.
>
> BTW, I'm assuming you're talking about Utah-GLX at
> http://utah-glx.sourceforge.net/

I installed from the ports (graphics/glx), which is indeed Utah-GLX,
though it seems a rather dated version (August '99). I tried the
symlinks mentioned, but still glx is loading with default values
for the dma stuff :-(.

Hmmm, I didn't find autogen.sh, also it rather puzzles me why I
couldn't find any sample glx.conf in the port's working directory.
The only one I found was from the mailing list archive at utah-glx.

Maybe these sources are really outdated??

Thanks,
Karel.