Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 02:28:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   smbfs?

Can someone please tell me exactly what is required to
use SMBFS?
After doing some mail archive searches I am nothing
but confused.  I'm hearing that you don't need to
install smbfs from ports as it's in the base system
and if you do install from ports you might stuff it
up.
The release notes say that support has been added to
the kerel and that that smbfs needs to be installed
from ports in order to use it.  WHat is the real story
here?
What options do I need to compile my kernel with in
order to get this to work?
While I'm at it - do you have to specify the password
in cleartext in fstab if you want to automount an
smbfs volume or is there another way to do it?
Can a mount be set up that connects to a share using
the currently logged in username and uses the users
current password?  Can this be done automatically at
login?
Thanks.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Manage your files online.