Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:39:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From:      zeus@ix.netcom.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp install problem

Hi there,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.9 over ftp.  I have a LAN connection over ethernet and I have set the option to configure using DHCP.  When I get to the screen asking for IP, gateway, nameserver, etc. the correct values are filled in, but when I try to continue I get a message that it cannot resolve the hostname.  If I go over to vty4, I can bring up the lan interface, set a default route and then ping the same host by name.  I'm a bit confused here.  Can anyone offer suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

-Bob