Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:45:38 -0400
From:      simple <simple@gte.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   All Wierd and Pissed Off...

Okay, I'm pretty new to FreeBSD (Unix) in general.  I need to have root
access to my server from a telnet session because I am not always in
front of the computer, but, well, I think I've found a new love... I
think everyone on this list will understand this love.

When I try to login to my server as root, it tells me that the login is
incorrect.  I've also tried to login as a normal user and then rlogin as
root (this works for Red Hat 5.1).  I've double and triple checked the
password I'm typing in is correct.

Now, secondly, like I said I'm new to this stuff.

Is there a way to list all of the user accounts that have been created.

With FTP access built into FreeBSD, is it possible to limit the person
to only the FTP directory and sub-directories beneath that?

And lastly, I installed one of the POP3 e-mail servers in the ports
section c-something, I don't know.  What is the generally used e-mail
package used for POP3 stuff?  I've tried to send e-mail to it using the
ip-number (because I don't have a domain registered) and it didn't
work.  Is there something I have to do on the FreeBSD end of it, or do I
merely need a domain name?  and if I need a domain name, will the
whatever.home.ml.org (ml.org) domains work?

-Happy Man
 -Douglas L. Setzer, II
  Computer Creations