Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:59:06 +0200
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: staroffice 4 sp3.

On Sun, Jun 28, 1998 at 10:48:08PM +0200, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> I guess the problematic version is the Service Pack 3. Has anyone in
> the list managed to get Star Office Service Pack 3 to work?

Jup, I have. The problem is rather simple. It won't work without
the /proc/<pid>/cmdline - file. So your choice is either

a) to hack procfs to create this file (i have only partially succeeded
   in this)

b) to guess the pid of the staroffice-process and create
   /compat/linux/proc/<pid>/cmdline by hand.
   (guessing the pid is easy, if you start it with 'exec' :-)

I already posted this to 'hackers' but I'm not sure if it went through,
since i read this list via an mail2news-gate.

CU,
    Sec
--
Programs that make a computer worth to use:
FreeBSD, zsh, mutt, wmx, procmail, vim, perl, less, LaTeX, fetch, slrn,