Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:14:47 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "root" <dino@nikebari.it>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Migrating from SCO Open Server to your system

If you are interested in trying Linux, you should try more then just
Red Hat.  Suse springs to mind.  Or, another possiblity is joining the
Compaq Solutions Alliance, at http://csa.compaq.com/ they will assist
in porting to Linux on their hardware.

> We would
>like to know more about FreeBSD. Is possible for FreeBSD to mount an
>Open Server disk?

Very unlikely.

>I guess that FreeBSD is fully POSIX compatible, isn't
>it?

I don't think so.  However, I would guess that even the most POSIX UNIX is
not totally compliant.  FreeBSD does make an attempt to honor POSIX when
possible, though.

> Wher in Italy I could buy FreeBSD?

You are probably best off ordering it directly from Walnut Creek, at
http://www.cdrom.com they ship world-wide.  I'm sure that it's for sale
in Italy, but if it's not in your favorite software or book store then
ask them to order it.

>Thank you for your precious answers. Regards

If you want to "try out" a running FreeBSD server, then go to here:

http://www.testdrive.compaq.com

and register for a free account on one of their FreeBSD systems.