Date:      Thu, 6 May 1999 13:33:58 -0400
From:      "Booth, Christopher" <christopher_booth@mcgraw-hill.com>
To:        "'A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au'" <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>, "'freebsd'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mounting extended dos fat32 partitions

Greetings, Mr. Johns:

I just wanted to thank you for your response to the query in
FreeBSD-Questions about mounting extended DOS partitions.

My problem was with mounting Linux files. I was unable to get

     mount_ext2fs
	or
     mount -t ext2fs

to work, and was spinning my wheels a bit. But you prompted me to go back to
the mail archives, and I found my solution (this time) immediately: I hadn't
added

	options	"EXT2FS"

to my kernel configuration file. I did so, recompiled, and mount_ext2fs
worked perfectly, immediately. I think I learned several things that I knew
already--but didn't KNOW, if you see my meaning--in the process.

Thanks for your indirect but most apropos assistance.

Chris Booth
cbooth@aixx.net