Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 15:12:36 +1200
From:      "Craig Harding" <crh@outpost.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dpilgrim@uswest.net
Subject:   Re: SETI@home has teams now!

Darren Pilgrim wrote:

> On that note, is there are a way a put a limit on the load a process
> creates under FreeBSD?  It would be great if I could leave S@h
> running all the time under a load limit, then just lift that limit
> while I'm not using the machine.

Have a look at idprio (man idprio), it'll probably do you want. I've
been meaning to put some basic scripts together to idprio it in the
morning and un-idprio it at night, but haven't quite got round to it.

						-- C.

--
Craig Harding         Head of Postproduction, Outpost Digital Media Ltd
     "I don't know about God, I just think we're handmade" - Polly