Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:23:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Peter Leftwich" <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fixit.flp or fixit via "live filesystem" CD

RE:
http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/installation/i386/trouble.html

Is there a manpage or FAQ explaining the basic commands available to
users during a fixit session?  I understand how to change to that
terminal using Alt-F4 but then the following commands are the only
ones that seem to work:

pwd
echo
quit

while the following list of commands do NOT work:
ls
   (YES!!! That's what -I- said too, "ls" doesn't work?!?!)
whoami
mount
/sbin/mount
./mount
man

Could someone shed some light on where one can go to RTFM about
fixitting?

Thanks, please CC my email address in your reply...

--
Peter Leftwich, President & Founder
Video2Video Services