Date:      Wed, 06 May 1998 14:30:05 -0600
From:      Clod Baldrick <baldrick@rmsq.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bizarre routing problem

Hi Doug, and thanks for the suggestion.

Doug White wrote:
> Hm.  Try building a kernel with bpfilter and run tcpdump on the afflicted
> machine(s), then ping each other and see what you're getting.

I can't take down the FreeBSD box to boot a new kernel at the moment (it's
in use), but I ran tcpdump on the Linux box.  (I'm taking out the packets
from corsair because that's where I'm logged in from.)

lancaster# tcpdump -i eth0 host tomcat and not src corsair > tcp
tcpdump: listening on eth0

tomcat$ ping lancaster
PING lancaster (130.13.21.91): 56 data bytes
^C
--- lancaster ping statistics ---

And after ^C-ing the tcpdump on lancaster:
0 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel
lancaster# ls -l tcp
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root            0 May  6 14:32 tcp

Regards.

--
Clod Baldrick
RMS, Longmont CO