Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:06:41 -0800
From:      "pan" <pan@syix.com>
To:        "freeBSD-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Registrar recommendations wanted

[ networksolutions/verisign : threat or menace? ]

> Rats.  Do they have a webform or do I just send ``hostmaster''
> a note?   Anybody know how to bail on these guys?

You make a transfer request with your new registrar

In my case -

1. found http://www.enom.com
2. filled out enom's domain transfer form
3. printed enom's authorization form from webpage
4, sent authorization fax to enom
5. got email from netsol/verisign asking yes/no to transfer
6. sent email reply to netsol/verisign
7. configured domains at enom (including using their online
nameserver registration form - they make the registry record
with netsol)
8. done

the status of every step of the process was verifiable at enom's
website - i.e., I knew exactly when they received my fax, etc.

enom is like being able to easily rescue a child's drowning kitten

nsi/verisign was like being the kitten