Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 20:03:06 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Marco Shaw <marco@nbnet.nb.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Internal modem and cuaa1

My modem isn't working.  THE END. ;)

No seriously, I'm running 2.2.6.  I only have one physical COM port.  I
checked 'dmesg' and it seems like the system is only activiating cua0 for
my mouse.  When it can't find cua1 (sio1), it stops there and doesn't
start up sio2 or sio3 (kernel defaults to 4 COM ports).

My intention was to setup my Internal USR 28.8 to cua2, irq 5, but since
the com port isn't activated then I certainly have a problem.  My modem is
hardwire to cua2, irq 5 via the jumpers.

How do I solve my problem?  Can I change the jumpers to cua1, irq3 on my
modem and then bootup will 'find' cua1 or is my problem more complicated
then that since I only have one COM port?

Thanks,
Marco