Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:09:49 -0400
From:      "Bill Schmitt (SW)" <software@schmittnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Host name question

I know I've seen the answer to this question somewhere here, but I can't
seem to find it. I'm running FBSD 4.9 on a machine which is connected to
a router (Netgear) that provides DHCP services. The FBSD box gets the IP
correctly (assigned based on the MAC address), but the router never sees
it by name. I have the name of the machine in the hosts file and
rc.conf, but the router never gets the name back. Can anyone help?