Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:06:56 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-2?Q?bogn=E1r_attila?= <attila@netalfa.hu>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java Obfuscators

Antony T Curtis írta:

> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 20:05, Bob Dixon wrote:
>
>>  My group is developing in Java on FreeBSD, and we're interested in using an obfuscator to prevent reverse-engineering.  Can anyone recommend one that runs on FreeBSD?  Thanks!
>

> Jopt does a pretty good job of obfuscating... and results in
> lighter-weight executables in the process.
>
> For added bonus, you can use it on your java runtime jars for faster
> startup time. Warning - it does make debugging more difficult.

Some others:

yguard     - http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yguard_about.htm
retroguard - http://www.retrologic.com/retroguard-main.html
jax        - http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/JAX
dasho      - http://www.preemptive.com/tools/

I am using yguard, there is an ant task available for it, so it is very
practical. Before yguard I used retroguard (yguard is based on this one)
and tested JAX. JAX _seemed_ the best, but it is/was not free (not sure
of its status now, it was years ago). I did not try dasho (not free).

attila