Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:08:10 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Dave Babb <dcbdbis@comcast.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: engrampa-1.8.0

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Dave Babb <dcbdbis@comcast.net> wrote:
> One more issue I forgot to mention...On the website, under ports....the
> website is also reporting the wrong package name......

The package name is not wrong, as the py-gobject port can be built
against different versions of python, so the package name needs to
reflect which version of python it was built against.  This is how all
python ports are named.

> On 09/29/14 12:36, Dave Babb wrote:
>>
>> Good Afternoon All,
>>
>> The Mate metaport, and more specifically the engrampa port is broken. The
>> issue is a bad package name. And I have a solution.
>>
>> The build stops at gobject-introspection. Specifically
>> "py27-gobject-2.*...This package is in reality named py-gobject.
>>
>> If I manually build py-gobject first, then build engrampa...the build of
>> engrampa proceeds flawlessly, then I can build the rest of Mate.

This seems to indicate that something is missing a dependency on the
py-gobject port.

If you add pygobject to USE_GNOME, does it fix the issue for you?