Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:43:57 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        jfreeze@qx.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Has any compiled DDD on FBSD 3.4?

jfreeze@qx.net wrote:

> Is anyone successfully using DDD on FBSD?
>
> www.gnu.org/software/ddd

I have been using it. It has been about 1.5 months since I installed
it. I seem to remember that it needs Motif and they tell you that
lesstif will work. I got used to MS Visual debugger and it measures up
in some areas and falls on its face in others. When it comes to
handling kills by signal type errors it is superior.

> Or can you suggest a better debugging environment.

It is just a front end to one of the other debuggers and you are only
as good as that gets. I haven't found anything better.

Kent

> Thanks
> Jim

Kent Stewart