Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 22:26:59 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        "George R. Self" <selfg@primenet.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Install Help

The recommended way of getting an ide cd-rom to work with freebsd is to
have it as either the slave on the primary ide channel or the master on
the secondary ide channel.

Should this not work then I recommend downloading it over the internet. If
you can connect this machine to the internet then download the boot floppy
and install over the internet, this will take time (takes me about 6 hours
over a dialup modem) and you'll need help probably connecting to your isp.
And as an old VMS user (ok not that old :-) ) you'll find the experience
very rewarding.

Andrew Perry
andrew@shoal.net.au