Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:36:46 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, nik@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Automatic Documentation Index

On Wed 1999-09-29 (22:43), Andrew Boothman wrote:

> I short while ago, we were talking about producing a system that would
> automagically update a list of all documentation installed by the
> ports system.

Nice - one nit, maybe we should leave indexing the handbook and
FAQ, since (at least) I intend to set up an index of local documents
separately (which would then link to your docindex.html).  What do
others think?

Maybe you could index that instead later, when it appears, and keep
your current indexing of handbook and FAQ.

> Well, I've been quietly working away on this, and I'd like some opinions on
> what I've done so far.

Looks great, definite value-add.  We will need to teach ports,
pkg_add and pkg_create to use it properly - I'll handle it if you
don't (I'm playing in there anyway).

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner