Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:43:54 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 08:24:07AM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 4 Feb 2004 at 10:47, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 08:33:36AM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> > > Anyone know anything about the cause, progress, or cure for the
> > > mailing list archives being stale?
> > >
> > > See http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=www/62060
> >
> > In case you didn't see this elsewhere, this should now be fixed.
>
> Thanks Kris. The last note at that PR mentions a problem.
>
> See here for an example.  This URL contains mail from Oct, Nov, and
> Jan. But nothing later than Jan 26.
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mailindex.cgi?sort=date&file=archive/2004/
> cvs-all/20040201.cvs-all

I haven't learned everything about the Mailman archiving setup
yet but I want to wait until it clears the backlogged queue
before we worry too much about this aspect of the archives.

There are a lot of files the archiving of each message needs
to touch so it has been taking an outrageous amount of time per
message while processing the queue (doing anywhere from one to
maybe three per minute).  It still has a bit over 4,000 messages
left in the queue to archive.

If you want the most up to date ones available they are here:

http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/current/cvs-all.html

Looks like the archiver has made it through to Jan 31st...

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu