Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 12:08:44 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        mtoole@hidesert.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about Executables

Doug White wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jul 1996 mtoole@hidesert.com wrote:
>
> > When I go into the /usr/games directory where the games I got when I
> > Installed the OS FreeBSD, it tells me "Command Not Found".  Do you have
> > any idea why its doing this?
>
> /usr/games isn't in your path.  Try running the games by prepending ./ to
> the name.
>
> So to run fortune:
>
> cd /usr/games
> ./fortune
>
> I thought it's in there by default though.

Doug, He/She is probably logged in as root.
It's not in roots path, Just users.

mtoole, (Sorry didn't see your name) Login to your user account
and then su to root if you need root previlages.
Don't login as root all the time! Mucho dangerous!

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848