Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2018 22:29:33 -0400
From:      Evan Sabin <memereferencehere@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting Xserve G5 Lights Drivers from OpenBSD to FreeBSD

I feel as though it would be nice to have a more complete set of drivers =
on my Xserve G5 running the latest FreeBSD =E2=80=94 particularly, and =
really only, to support the processor indicator lights and the system =
identifier button and its corresponding rear light. As such, I did some =
searching and discovered the most feature-complete drivers for these =
hardware components could be found in the OpenBSD source code. =
(https://github.com/openbsd/src/blob/master/sys/arch/macppc/dev/xlights.c =
<https://github.com/openbsd/src/blob/master/sys/arch/macppc/dev/xlights.c>=
) =
(https://github.com/openbsd/src/blob/master/sys/arch/macppc/dev/sysbutton.=
c =
<https://github.com/openbsd/src/blob/master/sys/arch/macppc/dev/sysbutton.=
c>) I suppose my question is =E2=80=94 How do I get from point A to =
point B, and how do I begin to port these drivers from OpenBSD to =
FreeBSD? What are the core differences in driver development on these =
two systems, particularity in regards to the PPC64 architecture?=