Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 20:34:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        pst@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnats needs emacs to even build !

Hi PST cc ports

I was thinking of learning gnats, but
	gnats/Makefile:
		BUILD_DEPENDS=  emacs:${PORTSDIR}/editors/emacs
	on freefall:
		10379090 Jun 11 01:34 emacs-19.31.tar.gz

I have a 14K modem & limited ftp patience / money for the phone company,
plus I happen to like vi, & don't want to learn emacs.
Qestion: Is emacs mandatory ?  or does gnats have a `running light' capability
     for vi / whatever-editor-you-choose, instead of emacs.
     For instance EXMH supports whatever-editor-you-choose.

PS please folks, don't let this degenerate into a boring
editor religous thread, thanks :-)

PPS yes I've ordered ISDN, but thats still only 64Kbps, & thats's 10M
of emacs out there I don't want to ftp & learn, I just want to learn gnats :-)

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org		http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/