Date:      Thu, 6 May 1999 11:21:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Fergus Hayman <shayman@uniserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Brand New

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Fergus Hayman wrote:

> Hi i got the Walnut CD's 3.1 and make a slice and labels . Can't find the
> CDrom for the install though. ( cd boot)  quad speed Mitsumi atapi cd.
> defaults to irq10 in setup. I delete all network cards and other cd's so
> there's no conflicts in setup.  Think i tried it on IRQ 15 x 170 same as
> dos ( a dual boot) atempt here.
> Heck didn't get the book version out of stock.

At the main menu, hit Scroll Lock, then use the arrow keys to scroll up
and look at the boot messages.  Check the probes for the wdc0 and wdc1
devices; your CD should be listed there.

Don't configure the mcd0 device; this is the old Mitsumi proprietary
interface for their old, old 2x CDROMs.

Doug White