Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 1995 07:49:40 -0700
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul>
To:        CVS-commiters, cvs-sys
Subject:   cvs commit: src/sys/i386/i386 swapgeneric.c

wpaul       95/10/03 07:49:39

  Modified:    sys/i386/i386  swapgeneric.c
  Log:
  Make swapgeneric.c compile and (sort of) work again.

  This is really just a token gesture at this point. We can't really turn
  on swapping here anymore because (I think) we need to do a namei() lookup
  in order to get a vnode which we can pass to swaponvp(). But to do a
  namei(), we need a properly initialized proc structure, and we don't
  have one. (I was hopping to toss it proc0, but that isn't initialized
  until later.) We could conceiveably fabricate a dummy proc structure
  to make namei() happy, but that's too much work for too little payoff.

  For now, swapgeneric's only remaining saving grace is that it lets
  you set the root device with -a.