Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 16:55:55 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
Cc:        keramida@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem Report docs/31653

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 06:40:37AM -0700, Ross Lippert wrote:
>=20
>=20
> I'm looking through the handbook right now and it appears that all
> the documents are generated with docbook.  Where can I find the sgml
> sources, and what it the recommended way of producing and validating
> new docs?

Take a look at http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/ -
the 'SGML and the Documentation Project' link explains the basics
of the SGML used in the FreeBSD Documentation Project.
There is also a link there to the FreeBSD Doc Project Primer
at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/index.html

As to obtaining the Handbook sources, the best way to do that would
be CVSup.  Just pull down the 'doc' collection, and you have the SGML
sources to all the books and articles, as well as the build infrastructure
needed to build and install them all by issuing a 'make all install'
command.  Of course, you can build any single article and book, too,
by using 'make' (possibly followed by a 'make install') in its own
subdirectory.

Hope that helps!  If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask.
We are always happy to welcome a new contributor! :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If this sentence didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk--