Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 19:49:59 +0100
From:      Phillip Ryker <sysadmin@skynetweb.com>
To:        FreeBSD-jobs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Custom Server Quote...

List,

We are currently looking for a programming firm specializing in cgi
programming to provide us a script as outlined below.  To learn more
about SkyNetWEB and what we do, please visit our web site at:
http://www.skynetweb.com/ We are looking forward to hearing from you
soon!!

We are looking for a server manager for our clients to use to setup
accounts on the dedicated servers they lease from us. Below is a rough
outline of our requirements:

1.0 WEB SERVER MANAGER
        1.1 Create a Virtual server account (domain name hosting
account)
                1.1.1 select IP number
                1.1.2 enter Domain name
                1.1.3 enter site admins username and choose a group
                1.1.4 enter site admins password
                1.1.5 confirm password
                1.1.6 site admins quota
                1.1.7 enable telnet for site admin?
                1.1.8 enable FTP for site admin?
                1.1.9 enable eMail for site admin?
                1.1.10 eMail aliases for site admin
                1.1.11 Install Frontpage extensions for web site?
        1.2 List Virtual Servers
                1.2.1 list alphabetically
                1.2.2 list by IP Number
        1.3 Edit a Virtual Servers
                1.3.1 edit IP number
                1.3.2 edit Domain name
                1.3.3 display site admins login
                1.3.4 edit enter site admins password
                1.3.5 edit confirm password
                1.3.6 edit site admins quota (display current usage)
                1.3.7 edit enable telnet for site admin?
                1.3.8 edit enable FTP for site admin?
                1.3.9 edit enable eMail for site admin?
                1.3.10 edit eMail aliases for site admin
                1.3.11 edit Install Frontpage extensions for web site?
        1.4 Delete a virtual server
                1.4.1 delete a selcted virtual server
2.0 DNS SERVER MANAGER
        2.1 Setup DNS services for a domain name
                2.1.1 enter Domain Name
                2.1.2 enter IP number
                2.1.3 enter additional host names
        2.2 List all domain names in DNS server
                2.2.1 list alphabetically
                2.2.2 list by IP number
        2.3 Delet a domain from the DNS server
3.0 USER MANAGER
        3.1 Add a user account for a domain name
                3.1.1 Choose the domain name
                3.1.2 Enter a username
                3.1.3 enter a password
                3.1.4 confirm password
                3.1.5 quota for user
                3.1.6 enable telnet?
                3.1.7 enable FTP?
                3.1.8 enable eMail?
                3.1.9 list eMail aliases for this user
                3.1.10 install FrontPage extensions on this site?
        3.2 List all users
                3.2.1 list alphabetically
                3.2.2 list by domain name
        3.3 Edit users
                3.3.1 edit Choose the domain name
                3.3.2 display username
                3.3.3 edit enter a password
                3.3.4 edit confirm password
                3.3.5 edit quota for user (display current usage)
                3.3.6 edit enable telnet?
                3.3.7 edit enable FTP?
                3.3.8 edit enable eMail?
                3.3.9 edit list eMail aliases for this user
                3.3.10 edit install FrontPage extensions on this site?
        3.4 Delete a user
                3.4.1 delete a selcted user
4.0 E-MAIL SERVER MANAGER
        4.1 Email server settings
                4.1.1 Create an autoresponder for a user
                4.1.2 setup a majordomo mailing list
                4.1.3 relay control options
                4.1.4 spam control

We understand that we would need each system that uses this interface
would need to have the following software installed:

        Either Linux RedHat v6.0 or FreeBSD -STABLE v3.1
        Sendmail v8.9.X with virtusertable and spam control
        ProFTPd v1.2.5 to limit users to their home directories
        Apache 1.3.6 with FrontPage extensions, Mod-ssl and PHP# support
        BIND v8.1.2

We also understand that the script would need to be developed on a
FreeBSD platform.
The script can initially be written in PERL but for protecting our
interests should eventually be in C++ and be protected by a serial
number so that clients could not take it and use it somewhere else.

The outline above is a rough idea of what we think it should do. If
things needed to be re-arranged to accomadate the functionality that
would be fine.

This script as it is would be used by the system admin of the server.
In the near future we would like the ability to offer the users on the
server a similar script to control the aspects of their accounts only!!
So the script should be designed with this in mind, if it is easier to
develop it like this in the beginning then we would be very interested.

We need to get a quote and a time frame for this job as soon as possible
as we are looking to move forward quickly. Any references you have or
examples of previous work would be greatly appcreciated.

Thank you
--
Phillip Ryker

SkyNetWEB Ltd.