Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 23:22:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ji@research.att.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports vs. packages

 * To: freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

Why do people ask this sort of thing on -hackers?  -ports, guys,
-ports!  There's a mailing list for that kind of stuff!

 * The ports and the packages collection don't seem to be mutually
 * consistent; there are ports for which there are no packages (which is
 * not a problem), and packages for which there are no ports (which
 * is). What gives?

Examples please.  (And tell me the exact location you found
them...it's probably just that I forgot to delete an obsolete
package.)

Satoshi