Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:33:13 +0900
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
To:        Oliver Crow <ocrow@simplexity.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>, Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Clockwork 24 hour crash in 4.5-RELEASE-p5

> Archie Cobbs (the mpd maintainer) took a look at one of the crash dumps,
> and concluded that the address list hanging off of the loopback interface
> (lo0) was corrupted, hence the crash.

> Recompiling the kernel without IPv6 support seems to prevent the crashes
> (ie comment out 'options INET6' in kernel config).  It is not clear what
> precisely the problem is, but it seems likely that it's an interaction
> between mpd and IPv6.  Disabling either one appears to be a sufficent
> workaround to prevent the crashes.

> If anyone who knows the IPv6 code is interested in looking at the crash
> dumps, I'll be happy to arrange.  Thanks to everone for helping out with
> this, especially Mike and Archie.

Seems like the garbage collection timer of neighbor discovery entries
is related to the crash.  If the crash can be reproduced regardless of
the local network environment, we'll be able to figure it out.  Could
you show us the kernel configuration?

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.