Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/22328: new port -- print/ttf2pt1

The following reply was made to PR ports/22328; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To: mi@aldan.algebra.com
Cc: Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, OKAZAKI Tetsurou <okazaki@be.to>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org,
	Mikhail Teterin <mi@privatelabs.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:01:40 -0400

 mi@aldan.algebra.com wrote:

 > It is easy for me to just not install the "older" ttf2pt1's t1asm, but
 > they appear to have diverged substantially from the common root since
 > 1992. I wonder, what the software author's (babkin@bellatlantic.net)
 > can tell us :)

 A few more notices:

 I believe that separating the README files into a separate "doc"
 hierarchy is a not quite a good idea. I think that only the
 top-level docs should be moved into a separate hierarchy, the
 rest of README should be at least linked  into both places.

 Stuff in other/ does not need FreeType, some programs in there
 need T1Lib (but on the other hand they don't have to be compiled,
 they are more development tools than something of general interest).

 I would also add X11 into categories.

 -SB