Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:02:48 -0800
From:      "Shaffer, Gary R." <GARY.R.SHAFFER@saic.com>
To:        'Ari Suutari' <ari.suutari@syncrontech.com>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Java Commapi website

Ari,

I am the original author of the serial portion of the java commapi port for
FreeBSD. Jean-Michel Dricot was in the process of starting up the port for
FreeBSD but had no code yet.  I already had a working serial implementation
for FreeBSD that I developed for a GPS application. I donated it to the
project so that he could finish the parallel portion of it.

I know that it has gone through several revisions, but if you need help with
something, let me know.  My contact info is below.

Regards,
GRS
---
Gary R. Shaffer                                 gary.r.shaffer@saic.com
Division Chief Technologist                           shafferg@saic.com
Center for Advanced Information Technology, SAIC       (v) 858-826-5746
4161 Campus Point Court, M/S E-2, San Diego California 92121